Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-04-13 Origin: Site
How to stop a dog from tearing down your home
There are many ways to stop a dog from chewing everything. Puppies chew when they're teething, adolescent dogs chew out of boredom, pain, anxiety, loneliness or just for fun! Once you've identified your motivation to chew, it's easier to find solutions on how to stop your dog from chewing.
8 steps to stop chewing everything:
1. Provide indestructible toys or educational toys.
2. Treat with extra-long, long-lasting chewers that keep your teeth clean.
3. Make sure to pick up and put away items such as shoes, clothes, and any valuables.
4. Before leaving the dog for a period of time, exercise the dog with an appropriate chew toy.
5. If your dog chews something that is not his, give him the verbal instruction "NO" and then redirect him to chew on an approved toy.
6. Apply a pet-friendly natural bitter repellent to items that cannot be moved, such as TV cables.
7. Gives a verbal warning (such as "No") and then draws her attention to an acceptable toy.
8. Compliment your puppy for chewing on approved objects.